Saturday, November 8, 2008

False Start

I began this upgrade with a faulty plan, and it has gotten me nowhere. The truth of the matter is that since I "started", I've gotten in only 1 or 2 workouts per week. While I've been monitoring my food intake and keeping calories lower than usual, I have not experienced much of a weight loss. I'm down close to 270 lbs., but that's only 5 or 6 pounds stretched out over 6+ weeks. That's pathetic. Much like me.

All of the fault lies with me, and my mistake has been trying to commit to working out with my buddy Josh. He can't workout until 6 pm on any given weekday, and he's not available on Tuesday nights. I have a much more open schedule, which I should be taking advantage of, but I've tried to force the workouts with Josh into the worst part of the day for me. Jenny does not get home until 7 pm or so, so the 6 pm workouts mean I am at the mercy of my parents being home so that they can watch Kaylyn while I workout. Then, I'm getting home well past 7 pm, missing time with Jenny, and Jenny missing time with Kaylyn. I love the connection and time with Josh, but I'll have to pursue that in another way.

I am abandoning my attempts to force something that is not working, and recomitting myself to doing as much as I can before my window is up. I can keep going past Christmas. I was just hoping to look my best for the pictures. This will have to do.

No comments: