Friday, June 25, 2010

Day 1

Just day 1?

Jenny and I have committed to the HCG protocol for the next 6 weeks. I'll spare the details here. Read this manual, then follow this link for more info.

I'm already learning quite a bit. After 2 days of loading (eating whatever we want), today is our first day on the very low calorie diet (VLCD). The mental aspect has been the toughest part, even though it hasn't been that hard, yet. I've realized that a lot of the food I eat is just to do it. Maybe I'm bored, happy, upset, whatever the reason. I eat to eat, because I enjoy it, and it makes me feel better. That's sad. And it's why my weight has gotten out of control, and is a negative impact on about every part of my life.

I WANT to eat, even though I don't FEEL hungry. I want to taste a slice of pizza, a glass of milk, a spoonful of peanut butter. I don't need it, but I want it. Sometimes I even THINK I'm hungry. How can my brain be hungry? How much food have I eaten that was not at all necessary, just because I thought I was supposed to, or wanted to, or just could? Why do I feel the need to be FULL, and not just SATISFIED? Wow.

I expect this to be challenging, but we're up for it. A lot of people have experienced substantial and healthy weight loss on this protocol. With Jenny and I working together, supporting each other and holding one another accountable, I know we will enjoy success.

I've posted our starting "stats" to the side, and I will track our progress over the next 40 days or so. 40 days. How ironic, or fitting. This just might turn out to be a challenge of biblical proportions, but I expect heavenly results.

No comments: