Sunday, August 1, 2010

Day 38

Kyle 259.6 day +2.6 total -35.0

Jenny 151.2
day -2.6 total -15.4

We went in two very different directions this morning on the scale! We were both shocked at Jenny's big drop, but we weren't surprised at my gain. It's just really crappy that I gained the exact same amount I lost just yesterday. It certainly isn't encouraging. I know the peanut butter hurt me, but I did something else stupid. While I was taking my drops this morning, I realized that I forgot to take them last night! I'm not saying it caused me to gain, but you'd think I'd be in enough of a routine by now that I wouldn't forget one of the main parts.

Jenny was ecstatic! With her LIW being 153.4, she has a little wiggle room as her body adjusts to the reintroduction of certain foods. I'm glad she's getting the mental break and the enjoyment of good food.

Everything went well today, until we went out to dinner for my mom's birthday. Everyone in my family LOVES Mexican food, so she picked the Newport Don Pablo's, right on the river. It was already going to be a challenge finding something on protocol that I could eat, but it made it a little harder when Jenny and I wanted to share a meal, but she could eat a lot more than me. We ended up splitting an order of grilled chicken fajitas. Instead of beans and rice, we got steamed veggies, and it took me fifteen minutes to pick out all of the corn. Instead of tortillas, we got shredded lettuce. We split everything up, and I have to say I was very satisfied. It filled me up, tasted great, and was (pretty darn close to) on protocol. My only indulgence was a bit of the chocolate turtle that cake Jenny made for my mom. Dang her! I very much regretted cheating with the honey peanut butter last night. If I had remembered we were going out for dinner, I could have saved the cheat for something better!

As always (and I know this is a HORRIBLE example, so please don't look to this as how to behave), I'm just hoping that it doesn't hurt me tomorrow. I'm running out of time to be stupid!

No comments: