Saturday, July 31, 2010

Day 37

Kyle 257.0 day -2.6 total -37.6

Jenny 153.8
day -0.2 total -12.8

I'm so close to forty pounds! I was very happy with my drop this morning, considering I was off protocol for parts of yesterday. I was too tired to go into it all last night.

For lunch (yesterday) during the scramble, my choices were either a hamburger or a hot dog. I asked for a burger, as lean as possible, with no bun. I covered it with a tomato, some lettuce and onions, and wrapped it in foil. It was definitely more than 3.5 oz, but not overkill. I had a couple of Coke Zero and Maker's Mark mixers. I kept it to two because I was afraid of what more would do on what is basically an empty stomach. Drinking a lot of water doesn't really dampen the effects.

For dinner (yesterday), we stopped at a Panera Bread next to our hotel. I had some grilled chicken over a green salad. Nothing major.

Today was Jenny's first day of phase 3. She can now eat more than 500 calories, and must stick to what is basically a modified Atkin's diet. On top of what we're already allowed to eat on the VLCD, Jenny can now add every other protein out there, and fats, but she has to stay away from starches (breads, grains, root veggies, etc.) and anything with added sugar. Natural sugar is fine, but she shouldn't eat any really sweet fruits yet, like bananas.

On the drive home, we got bunless grilled chicken sandwiches from Burger King. It was chicken (breast? I doubt it.) with onions, lettuce, and a tomato. Not too bad.

I have to confess that when we got home, unpacked, and settled in, I was craving something for a snack, and I stupidly indulged in some honey peanut butter. It's only been an hour or so since I did it, and I already feel foolish. I guess I thought I had room for it with the big drop this morning, but I've already proved that to be incorrect thinking, and paid the price for it. Stupid, stupid, stupid...

No comments: