Monday, June 28, 2010

Day 4

Kyle 285.8 day -1.6 total -8.8

Jenny 164.0 day -0.6 total -2.6

If anyone is wondering why our totals are so different, you have to understand two things. First, men lose a higher amount of weight on average with this protocol than women do, and, I have a much higher percentage of fat to lose than Jenny does, so I'm going to see bigger drops.

This morning was great. As has been the case, I woke up with no hunger. Only a little disappointment over not being allowed a bowl of cereal or a big glass of milk.

Jenny and I did some grocery shopping at Kroger this evening. That was such a mixed bag of emotions. I was back and forth between happy and sad. I would get bummed when I saw some food that I wanted to eat, and a little upset that I couldn't even look forward to having it. That's crazy, how I am often emotionally sustained by the thought of enjoying food in the near future. I think I have more things I can look forward to and be excited about! I was happy that Jenny and I were shopping and working together, planning out meals and being as creative as we can within the boundaries of the protocol.

Instead of my second fruit for the day, tonight I had 8 hardboiled egg whites. Even after such a short time, the change was welcome and delicious. I gave the yolks to Brach, our yorkie. He was a happy dog! If I weigh in lighter tomorrow, then experiment number one will have been a success. But trust me, I do not want to mess anything up, so we won't be deviating that much. I figured with my size and activity that I could consume the extra protein and not have it hinder my weight loss at all.

No comments: