Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Day 6

Kyle 283.0 day -1.4 total -11.6
Jenny 162.6 day -0.8 total -4.0

Amazing. That's how I felt today. Amazing, all day long. I am energized, excited, encouraged, engaged, and some other good things that start with "e." It really is just amazing how good I feel, especially today.

To put it in perspective, I think it's important to share that I take Adderall. Adderall is a prescription medication for ADD, and I think it's used mostly for adults. I started taking it over a year and a half ago. I asked my doctor about it after a few friends told me it was helping them focus, and lose weight. I was referred to a psychologist, who diagnosed me with "probable mild ADD symptoms," and suggested that Adderall could help me with focus and energy levels. If I do have ADD, it's most likely mild, or I have strong ADD-like issues. Either way, the Adderall has been a huge help. It gives me energy, helps me focus, and literally motivates me to accomplish things. I take a tab in the morning, and then one in the afternoon. They are quick release, so they only last for 4 or 5 hours, and they do have a peak in the middle. What stinks is when the first wears off. I am immediately tired, sluggish, and only motivated to nap! When the second one kicks in, I'm back at it. But that has never seems optimal to me.

My experience so far has been much more satisfactory. I have been taking only one Adderall each day, in the morning, to get me up and going. However, the positives from the Aderall seem to last all day, and well into the evening. But I know it's not the drug having a longer effect, for whatever reason. It wears off well before 11 am or noon, and then I am able to enjoy my body behaving in a healthy manner, and it's as if I am still on Adderall, without a hint of its peaks, over-stimulation, or tapering off.

It's great!

No comments: