Thursday, July 1, 2010

Day 7

Kyle 281.4 day -1.6 total -13.2
Jenny 161.8 day -0.8 total -4.8

Today went well, with no major issues. Jenny and I have been experimenting with a few things off protocol, which for many is a huge no-no. Technically, we're not too far off. We had egg white omelettes yesterday for lunch, and for dinner we had burgers with lettuce buns, onions, and a little mustard. My big experiments have been with fat-free cottage cheese. I've been using it as a snack, along with a piece of melba toast, and skipping a fruit or two. As long as I'm seeing the losses, I assume I'm okay. Now, I know that Dr. S chose certain foods for certain reasons, and that we do not have the freedom to switch in things just because they have the same calorie count. And I know it's only been a week. But I just need some variety. You'd think the falling scale numbers would be enough motivation to keep me on track!

Tonight we had steamed broccoli as our veggie, along with plain burgers and a little mustard. I cheated a bit and added a spoonful of cottage cheese. I have to say, I thought it was delicous! Broccoli is totally not on protocol, but it seems quite a few people eat it and are fine. We'll see.

Oh, and we had a "dessert." We split a single scoop chocolate Jay Robb shake with crushed ice and a spoonful of Smart Balance All Natural peanut butter. Honestly, I did not expect it to be anything special, but we both thought our little shakes were pretty stinkin' delicious. We basically added an extra small protein on the day, but I think we can handle it. Again, we'll see.

Mood, energy levels, etc., have been awesome!

No comments: