Saturday, July 10, 2010

Day 16

Kyle 274.2 day -3.0 total -20.4

Jenny 160.0 day +0.4 total -7.0

This morning we got mixed news. I was shocked to see a three pound drop. Three pounds! But Jenny has not progressed through the week. And it's been small things. Yesterday she had a business lunch out by the airport, at the delicious Mexican restaurant, Abuelo's. She chose a salad with grilled shrimp, but also chose a vinaigrette dressing that she thinks had oil in it. She only dipped her fork, but we know now how sensitive she is to going off-protocol. She also stupidly (her words) ate a single cream cheese & salami roll at her showcase last night.

We had a new challenge today, because today is Jenny's birthday! We wanted to celebrate, which almost always involves good food, but we've learned our lesson. With it being her birthday, she didn't want to do an apple day. So, with finances being a little tight right now, we made a financial and caloric compromise. After church this evening, we went to Red Robin so Jenny could use her free burger coupon. We each ordered a grilled chicken sandwich on lettuce (off-protocol due to the breast being over 3.5 oz.), and substituted steamed broccoli for the french fries (broccoli is also off-protocol, but we've tried it before with no issues). It was nice to sit down with our family members and friends at a restaurant and enjoy a meal without sabotaging our diet.

After dinner, Jenny and I got to see Twilight: Eclipse, for free! It was a great movie. Our experience was only dampened by Jenny's craving for a treat, or popcorn, like we would normally enjoy during a movie.

If Jenny stalls again tomorrow, she'll be relegated to an apple day.

On a side note, I did experience some lack of energy during church. As a band, we rehearse from 3:30 until we feel we're done, usually by 5:30. Church starts at 6. When we went on stage to do the actual service, I was suddenly tired. After worship, we sat with my family for the rest of service, and most of the time I had my head in my hands, trying to deal with the unexpected lethargy that lasted through part of dinner. I don't know the cause. I have been skipping my fruits, mostly because I haven't felt I needed them, and partly because I've had a couple of good losses without them. It could be that I'm just not getting enough sleep. Maybe I should stop staying up to write these posts!

No comments: