Saturday, July 3, 2010

Day 9

Kyle 278.8 day -1.0 total -15.8

Jenny 161.6 day -0.0 total -5.0

Poor Jenny. She basically stalled yesterday, and today she definitely stalled. To be truthful, we've been creeping off protocol a little, and when we have, it affects her much more than it does me. It's not like I haven't shared this, but it's good to "confess" again, and recommit ourselves to the protocol, even though it's not very fun. Well, losing weight is fun!

Speaking of confessions, I'll add to my debauchery from last night. After Jenny went to bed, I indulged in a small serving of my peanut butter & honey & ovaltine treat, and washed it down with a glass of 2% milk. It hardly seems fair that I still lost a pound, even if I'd only eaten that! But when you consider the extras I enjoyed at Longhorn, I feel guilty that I lost and Jenny didn't.

We did well today of sticking to the protocol. Lunch was our special omelettes. We each had a fruit for a snack in the afternoon. Dinner was chicken and steamed asparagus. During our double feature movie night (Frost Nixon and Knowing), I enjoyed a full Jay Robb's chocolate and peanut butter shake. Poor Jenny was hungry a few times today, but it was more cravings than physical hunger. I think she is where I was last weekend. She wanted a shake so bad, but we've decided that she's much more sensitive to going off protocol than I am. So I muffled my moans of culinary pleasure as I enjoyed my protein treat.

If I'm only down a pound, I think I'll drop the extra proteins and go strict on the protocol. No cottage cheese on the side. No shakes. No broccoli. Just straight up Dr. S's orders. If I'm over one pound, then I'm going to assume I have some wiggle room on this diet, and I'm going to enjoy it.

Tomorrow, we have a July 4th party with friends. We are very good at eating when we're together. This could prove to be very difficult. Or a splurge day. Jenny and I may have to huddle in a back room for prayer!

No comments: