Friday, July 2, 2010

Day 8

Kyle 279.8 day -1.6 total -14.8

Jenny 161.6 day -0.2 total -5.0

I'm continuing to see regular losses of around 1.5 lbs., but Jenny came close to stalling this morning. Maybe it was the "shakes" we made last night. My hypothesis is that my body can handle the extra protein, but maybe Jenny's body can't. We will see.

Jenny admitted to me later in the day that she was craving the egg white omelettes she made us on Wednesday. So as an afternoon snack, she made a small one with only 3 egg whites, and the usual onions and tomatoes. She said she also had an orange sometime after the shake last night. She also push-mowed our front and back yards, and did not drink near as much water as she should have. With that, the omellette, the shake, and the broccoli, we have too many variables, and it's hard to pinpoint if any one thing hurt her, or if it was an accumulative effect.

Our goal was to be strict today, and not deviate from protocol at all, but our plan was derailed by my grandma's birthday dinner at Longhorn Steakhouse. It was nothing major, and to our credit, we planned well and planned ahead. Jenny prepared chicken breasts for us, along with some homemade protocol-friendly salad dressings. We each ordered a mixed green salad for dinner, and added the chicken and "dressing" for what was a tasty meal. If that had been all, we wouldn't be having this conversation right now. Here are my Longhorn digressions.

I had about 8 individual peanuts, straight from the shell.
I had about a quarter cup of shredded cheese that came on the side for our salads.
After several "bites" here and there, I ate one of my daughter's breaded chicken tenders.
My grandma offered me the last 2 oz. or so of her sirloin steak, and while Jenny had a small bite, I ate the rest.
I scooped my fork through my dad's butter and scour cream laden baked potato, so I could enjoy just a little taste.

Bites, nibbles, tastes. I'm smart enough to know that they add up in big ways, especially when you throw in the 2 oz. of sirloin. What stinks is, after all of that, I was both frustrated over not getting to eat what I wanted to eat, and guilty over what I did eat. It was a lose-lose, that I'm afraid will end up with me NOT losing!

Jenny did a good job and didn't cheat, so when we got home, she figured there was room for her to enjoy another shake. We split one again, and I enjoyed it again. Tomorrow will tell how much damage either of us did to our progress.

No comments: